Thank you for your interest in coaching in Dover Youth Softball League (DYSL). Our goal is to help provide you with necessary answers to your coaching questions and other resources to make you and DYSL successful.
Per Babe Ruth League, all coaches and volunteers are required to complete a background check via Babe Ruth starting 2019. This includes completion of Abuse Prevention Training as well. The cost is $25.50 and is good for two years. DYSL will refund your fee upon request to the league. Please see the Background Checks subpage for further details and the link to training.
There are five items which all applicants coaches must succesfully complete prior to being apporved to coach within our league. They are:
1. DYSL Coaching application
2. Babe Ruth League Background check/Abuse Prevention Training $25.50
3. CoachSmart NH - Required by City of Dover, One-Time, lifetime training
4. DYSL First Aid Training
5. DYSL Coach's Code of Ethics
NOTE: For each season/program, coaches must reapply and may be required to submit a separate coaches code ethics form.
Any volunteer wishing to be a Head Coach or Assistant Coach in DYSL must first fill out and submit the “DYSL Volunteer Coach Application” which can be found on the league website. This application is used to provide some information about the applicant as well as their training background and past experience.
DYSL encourages anyone who wishes to volunteer to become a Head Coach or Assistant Coach to apply. One of the goals of DYSL is to use the more experienced coaches to train any newer coaches who show the interest.
The application that must be submitted to be considered for approval:
- A completed a Youth Coach Application Form stating the position they are interested in, years of experience, past positions held within DYSL or other leagues, and other qualifications such as status of background check, NH Coach Smart training, Babe Ruth backgroung check/Abuse Prevention training, etc. Supplemental information may be attached and included with the application.
A link for the coaching application is https://leagueathletics.com/UserForm.asp?n=134662&org=DOVERSOFTBALL.COM.
A separate application is required for each coaching position desired.